Monday, October 24, 2011

Humor...

So one of my jobs I work with those that are Intellectually Disabled, Mentally Retarded is no longer the correct political term!  Anyways I truly do enjoy work with them, they teach me so many different things as well as me teaching them.


Today one of the guys told me I should get paid for being the comedian of the workshop area rather than doing what I normally do.  Course I crack up at all.  I would enjoy that more too that's for sure, I mean getting paid to do some jokes like heck yeah! haha  Yeah I have always cracked my jokes and said and done the most random of things, but I would rather have that then a boring life with no humor :)  Laughter is said to be the best medicine, then I shall laugh myself to always get better!

Along with this is one of my favorite bible verses:  "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes 5:16-18  We are called to rejoice always and enjoy very moment given to us!  I guess this verse always inspires me to laugh more than normal, and normal for me is well pretty much all day every day! 

This verse also reminds us to give thanks in all circumstances.  That can be difficult when you are pissed off at pretty much everything and everyone. I had a friend in college who would ask me how my day was, he could obviously tell it was a horrible day and all I wanted to do was hid from everyone, but then her would say you know what you are having a great day because you are breathing today.  haha Very true I guess I was having a great day that I had oxygen and water to drink.  So even in moments of horrible days remember to give thanks in all circumstances!

I am sure there are many more funny moments of my times in college and my current positions to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment